Tuesday 9 December 2008

Meaning What?

Temporary Fault is the title of a beautiful tune featured on 1982's I.O.U. album by Allan Holdsworth, one of my favourite guitarists (ironically, he plays a violin solo in that track). Holdsworth’s music from that period is informed by a profound awareness, constituting a plausible indication of a personal progress - a feeling I’ve always found impossible to describe through mere words.

This website is a place where writing on the stuff that I enjoy listening to on a daily basis will appear more as a “special diary” than a “collection of reviews”. Here I’d also like to make potentially interested readers curious on the subject of certain music of yesterday. That “yesterday” could be last month, three years ago or even decades earlier.

As usual, this writer is just looking to find additional ways to give relevance to artists who do something meaningful or at least interesting, or contribute to my own growth one way or another.